Paneer do pyaza || Restaurant style paneer do pyaza at home. Paneer and onions cooked in creamy tomato mixture tastes super yummy, we can pair it with naans, roti's or even with any flavored rice items. Any recipe prepared using paneer is my favorite, yes I hear you, its yours favorite too right?? 😉. Whenever I go restaurants I always order paneer item then I search other recipe for pairing. I tasted different types of paneer do pyaza recipes, today I am sharing the recipe which I tasted first @Talcher, Odisha restaurant. Do means two and pyaza means onions, paneer and onions are two main ingredients in this recipe. Are you thinking whats special in my recipe?? Its the way of adding onions. We can add onion petals or small onions to prepare this paneer do payaza. I am using small variety onions, you can use sambar onions or onions petals. I had this with simple and tasty sweet corn pulao.
Event : Shhhhh Secretly cooking challenge
Taking this creamy and tasty Paneer do pyaza recipe to "Shhhhh Secretly cooking challenge" fb group started by Priya, and taken further till date by Mayuri di ND Renu. I liked curried chickpea stuffed sweet potatoes recipe shared by Mayuri di. I also saved Renu's steamed broccoli vadi recipe to try soon. We completed recipes from all states from A to Z, so now admin team and members decided a new interesting way for monthly theme that is - one group member in alphabetical order will suggest theme. Later admin team will pair interested members, then we share 2 secret ingredients among us and prepare recipe using it and all other members will guess it.
This month theme restaurant style recipes was suggested by me. I paired with Radha Rajagopalan, she gave turmeric powder and tomato as secret ingredients. In turn I gave pepper and cream as two secret ingredients.
Paneer Do Pyaza
Small variety onions - 6
(You can use onions petals or sambar onions)
Paneer - 200 gms
Tomato - 2
Cashew nuts - 12
Oil - 3tsp
Butter - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 1
Clove - 1
Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
Finely chopped onions - 1 cup
Salt - as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp(adjust)
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
Kasuri methi - 1 tsp
1) Peel onion skin x cut at the top of small onions.
2) Fry these onions in 1 tsp of oil on low flames till they changes color. Later take fried onions in plate and keep it aside.
3) Grind chopped tomatoes and cashew nuts to fine paste by adding little water and keep it aside.
4) Heat butter and oil in a wide pan, to this add cumin seeds fry it for few seconds. Later add remaining spices and fry till you get nice aroma.
5)Now add finely chopped onions, fry it on low to medium flames till it changes color.
6) Now add tomato and cashew nuts gravy to the above.
7) when gravy becomes thick add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix everything well.
8) Now add required amount of water and cook gravy for a minute.
9) Later add paneer pieces, fried onions to the gravy and mix everything well.
10) Cook the above for 5 to 10 minutes till gravy becomes bit thick. Paneer and onions absorb gravy by this time and oil also oozes out.
11) Atlast latest add garam masala, kasuri methi, fresh cream and mix everything well.
That's it our paneer do pyaza is ready to serve.Serve hot and enjoy with friends and family.
** Instead of small onions, you can add onion petals or sambar onions.
** You can fry onions in butter to get good taste.
** Adjust chili powder as per your taste.
Hope you liked this paneer do pyaza recipe. Give it a try and drop your comments in inbox. Also subscribe our youtube channel Vasusvegkitchen
Did you check our latest
recipe?? If not do check out and also subscribe our channel for more interesting recipes.
Also follow me on
In facebook @Facebook
In pintrest @pintrest
In Instagram @Instagram
Also drop your feedback 🤗😍.
You can also search recipe in BetterButter
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Aruna Saraschandra :)