Todays recipe is Mexican Nachos with cheese dip, nachos are one of the favorite snack to almost everyone now a day's. We can have it as snack or appetizer and also perfect party time snack. I just love to have it with lots of cheese dip. Please d't think much about calories while having these nacho's with cheese dip 😄, try it once surely you will feel the same 😍.Yes yes we have to do more workouts to burn calories after having it, but trust me surely you will love to have these nachos with cheese dip & no need to tell about kids. I made simple cajun spice powder with less ingredients, which adds good aroma and taste to nachos.
Some information about Nachos
Nachos are popular Mexican food, "Nacho" Anaya created nachos at the Victory Club in 1940. When a regular customer Mamie Finan asked Anaya to bring a different snack than a usual for her and 3 other women. Anaya went to kitchen and spotted some freshly fried pieces of corn tortillas, cut it into triangles and fried them. He added shredded cheddar cheese and sliced pickled jalapeno strips, pepper and served them. After tasting the snack when Finan asked what it was called, Anaya told, "Well we can just call them Nacho's Special". Which later became popular as Nacho's. Gathered information from here. We can prepare many recipes using nachos, one of my favorite recipe is chilli cheese nachos with refried beans and salsa, will share that recipe soon.
Event : Shhhhh Secretly cooking challenge
Taking this yummy and cheesy Nachos to "Shhhhh Secretly cooking challenge" fb group started by Priya, and taken further till date by Mayuri di, I bookmarked her Chocolate truffles to try soon. Do check her space for wonderful recipes. We completed recipes from all states from A to Z, so now admin team and members decided a new interesting way for monthly theme that is - one group member in alphabetical order will suggest theme. Later admin team will pair interested members, then we share 2 secret ingredients among us and prepare recipe using it and all other members will guess it.
This month them #MexicanCusine is suggested by Narmadha who blogs at NamsCorner, she is one of my blogger friend who is very talented. I love her baking recipes a lot, I bookmarked her homemade hide and seek biscuits, whole wheat beetroot swril buns to try soon. My partner for this Mexican theme is Archana di, who blogs at themadscientistskitchen, she is very talented chef, I love reading her recipes. I like her many recipes in which Kubani Ka Meetha , Ice Cream Loaf Cake are my favorite, bookmarked to try soon.
For theme Archana gave me maize flour and cheese as 2 secret ingredients, in turn I gave kidney beans and tomatoes as secret ingredients. Using these ingredients she prepared The Ultimate Dinner Vegan Fajita, do check out recipe.
Nachos with cheese dip
2) Switch off the flames add salt, red chilli powder, oregano. Grind it to fine powder, if you feel it very coarse strain it.
4) Prepare smooth and stiff dough by water little by little, prepare small dough balls by pinching some dough.
5) Dust some wheat flour on dough and roll slightly thick and give it round shape. Prick it with fork in order to prevent it puffing while frying and cut into triangle pieces as shown.
8) Let's prepare cheese sauce/ cheese dip for Nachos. Heat wide pan, add 2 tsp of butter and let it melt.
10) Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder mix well. (If you are using cheddar cheese you will get yellow color to sauce, as I am using processed cheese I used turmeric powder, you can skip it). Later add milk mix everything well and boil till it becomes thick.
corn cheese balls
Baby corn manchurian
Baby corn fritters
Rava / Semolina Pizza
Also follow me on
In facebook @Facebook
In Pinterest @pintrest
In Instagram @Instagram Also drop your feedback 🤗😍.