Sorakaya or Anapakaya palu posina kura || Bottle gourd curry in milk with step by step pics and tips(will share video soon). This is very popular curry in Andhra Pradesh, we can prepare this curry in two different ways. Both ways taste good..
Method 1: After cooking bottle gourd add milk, cook it for 1 or 2 minutes and switch off flames. Here milk will remain like that without curdling.
Method 2: After cooking bottle gourd add milk, cook till milk becomes thick. Here milk will curdle and become thick cream.
Today i am sharing method 2 will share tips and step for method 1 too. It is very creamy and lip smacking curry that goes well with hot steamed rice or even with roti's & puri's too. And also it is very easy to prepare this curry, goes well in lunch box too.
Foodie Monday Blog Hop
Bottle gourd - 1 bowl
onion - 1 large
milk - 1&1/2 glass
green chilli - 2
curry leaves - 1 sprig
oil - 2 tsp
mustard seed - 1/2 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
chana dal - 1 tsp
hing -1 pinch
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
red chilli powder - 1 tsp(adjust)
coriander leaves - 2 tsp (finely chopped)
salt as per taste
1) Peel out bottle gourd skin and spongy part in middle and cut it into small pieces. Cut onion into small pieces and keep it aside.
2) We can cook bottle gourd directly or pressure cook and use it. Today i pressure cooked it for 2 whistles with 1/8 cup of water. We can prepare curry in jiffy if we pressure cook it. cook as per your choice. Let the pressure comes down naturally.
3) Heat 2 tsp of oil in a wide pan add mustard seeds, when it starts crackling add urad dal & chana dal fry till changes color on low flames. Now add cumin seeds fry it for a second or till you get nice aroma.
4) Now add curry leaves, hing fry well.
5) Add finely chopped onions, green chillies fry well by adding salt. When onions changes color then add turmeric powder mix everything well.
6) Add cooked bottle gourd(without water, preserve it) to the above, add red chili powder and cook everything well for a minute or 2 by closing lid.
7)Method 1: Now add 1 glass of boiled and cooled milk mix everything well and for few seconds on low flames, later add coriander leaves and switch off the flames. (**Check tips )
Method 2: Add 1 & 1/2 glass of milk ( here i am adding more milk as we need thick creamy texture).
8) Mix the above well and cook it on low to medium flames till milk becomes thick and creamy.
9) Do not close lid after adding milk, as milk will curdle quickly and it takes long time to cook. This is my tip which i follow, try it once. As per your taste cook bottle gourd very thick creamy or bit thin milky cream. Check below consistency which i prefer, it will become thick after cooling. So cook accordingly. At last add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
That's it our Andhra special bottle gourd curry in milk is ready to serve.
** Select method 1 or 2 as per your wish.
** You can cook bottle gourd in pressure cooker or directly.
** You can prepare it satvik without adding onion.
Do check some curry recipes from my youtube channel and my link..
Tamil Nadu - Sundakkai vatha kuzhambu
Also follow me on
Also drop your feedback 🤗😍
You can also search recipe